We are currently accepting applications for a Alberta Certified Journeyman or Inter-Provincial Automotive Service Technician to support our oil sands client.
This position is located at the CNRL Horizon site. Flight and camp accommodation will be provided from designated hubs; Edmonton, Alberta or Calgary, Alberta. This position will consist of a 7 on 7 off rotation of day shifts; covering 80 hours per shift cycle. However, hours and schedules may change due to operational requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform all aspects of heavy equipment diagnosis, repairs and preventative maintenance
• Complete routine self-generated work, and daily work order requests for repairs and service
• Complete estimates, required invoicing, along with maintaining accurate reporting and documentation on work that is performed
• Interaction with 3rd party customers as required
• Mentor and provide sufficient training with heavy equipment technician apprentices as required
• Respond to emergencies when needed
• Duties as they may arise that would fulfill the mandate of providing complete facilities operations and maintenance
• Alberta Certified Journeyman or Inter-provincial Red Seal in Automotive Service Technician trade
• 1-3 years’ experience, (industrial maintenance/construction environment preferred)
• Experienced with four-wheel drive is required.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence with a clean driver’s abstract
• Highly developed organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent Problem Solving Skills
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce
• Strong team player skills and the ability to work independently
• Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks
• Sensitive to issues of confidentiality and compliance
• Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations.
• Must be physically fit, position involves extensive walking, working from heights, working in confined spaces, climbing and awkward positions as well as carrying of materials
• Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol, Audiometric and Physical Abilities Testing pre-employment tests
• OSSA BSO or CSTS-09 & OSSA certificates are required
• Class 5 Driver’s License with clean 5-year history driver’s abstract obtained within 30 days
• Must be able to provide credentials of trade prior to or at the interview stage
• Must be eligible to work on all Oil Sands sites within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
• Competitive Industry Wage
• Competitive Benefits (including health, dental, vision, short & long term disability and life insurance)
Interested candidates are invited to complete an online application in confidence
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.