We are currently recruiting for an Alberta Journeyman or Interprovincial Red Seal Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (HVAC) technician, with an Alberta Class ‘A’ Gas Ticket, to support our oil sands client.
This position is located at CNRL Horizon site.
Flight and camp accommodation will be provided from designated hubs; Edmonton, Alberta and Calgary, Alberta.
This position will consist of a 7 on/ 7 off rotation of day shifts; covering 80 hours per shift cycle. However, hours and schedules may change due to operational requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install, repair and maintain heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems and components
• Complete routine generated work order requests for repairs and services.
• Respond to emergencies
• Perform all required preventative maintenance on heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
• Ensure building standards are maintained
and attend toolbox talks and safety meetings as scheduled
• All workers have the obligation to refuse unsafe work and to report all unsafe and near miss
• Actively participate in the shop safety program and maintain strict adherence to OH&S guidelines
• Perform duties as they may arise that would fulfill the mandate of providing complete facilities operations and maintenance
• Alberta Certified Journeyman or Interprovincial Red Seal in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning trade in good standing
• Alberta Gasfitter “A” or “B” Ticket is an asset
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
• Must be able to work from heights or confined spaces
• Highly developed organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent Problem Solving Skills
and ability to work independently
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce
• Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks and sensitive to issues of confidentiality and compliance
• Proven ability to react appropriately in emergency situations
• Ability to complete all work in compliance with Alberta legislation, regulations and site policies and
• Proven ability to work in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety guidelines.
• Must be physically fit, position involves extensive walking, climbing and awkward positions as well as carrying of heavy materials. Ensure Personal Protect Equipment (PPE) is used as required
• Oil Burner experience is considered an asset.
Pre Employment Requirements:
• Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol, Audiometric, and Physical Abilities pre-employment tests
• CSTS and OSSA certificates or OSSA BSO certificate
• Class 5 License with a clean five year driver’s abstract (obtained within 30 days)
• Eligibility to work on Canadian Natural Resources Limited (CNRL) Horizon site
• Willingness to remain clean shaven